Mercury offers a dynamic working environment with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision Discount Program, Flexible Spending options and 401(K).
Mercury Plastics is seeking an individual with previous project management experience in a manufacturing environment with the ability to read engineering files to fill a Sales Support position.
4 year college degree preferred/2 year degree with a minimum of 2 years related work experience would be acceptable.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with ERP systems, preferably Made2Manage.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Position Summary: The purpose of Sales Support is to act as the liaison between Sales, Customers and Production to ensure that timely attention is given to customer needs/requests.
• Handle and resolve customer complaints as appropriate.
• Provide timelines and updates directly to customers on project adjustments and delivery information.
• Maintain accurate customer data and upload information into the system.
• Order entry for prototype samples, reorders and new orders.
• Provides confirmation of samples shipping and provides tracking numbers to clients.
• Managing all activities for open Projects (sales order) from quotation to shipment.
• Lead for prototype jobs, including involvement with project assembly from start to finish.
• Update the sales team on production job status, such as scheduling, tooling and material due dates, etc.
• Provide production team with additional customer/project information as needed; point person for all questions related to the project.
• Supports sales team by estimating projects (quotes, costing, manufacturability, etc.).
• Work with engineering files and drawings.
• Performs research as needed for the sales team such as pulling files, scanning documents, emailing content and investigating solutions (i.e. material, shipping, etc.).
• Update daily production reports, weekly open order reports and generate a monthly sales forecast.
• Provide vacation coverage and customer follow-up for Account Managers.
• Employee may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.